We have agreed to provide our medication adherence monitoring services to sponsors of clinical trials and to provide you a statement concerning your child’s privacy rights on behalf of such sponsors, who retain at all times control over the use of your child’s data in the course of such clinical trials (“Covered Clinical Trials”).
What Information Do We Collect About Children and Why?
We collect Personal Information about children when they register to use the Services. To register, we collect only a child’s clinical trial study ID number, and their mobile phone number, if you choose to provide it.
We also collect:
- Details of how a child adheres to their prescribed clinical trial treatment program, including video and audio of the child administering their medication or describing feedback on their treatment as required by the clinical trial.
- Health information that a child (or parent) provides directly to us, including but not limited to sensitive health care information.
- Information provided to us when a child or their parents communicate with us for any reason.
- Information about a child’s use of our Application.
Use of Your Child’s Information
The information that we collect and store relating to children is primarily used to enable us to provide our Services in facilitating coordinating medication adherence for medical treatment, research, and clinical trial programs your child participates in. We use your child’s information in order to provide our Services, respond to your inquiries and requests, analyze and improve the Services, and for other internal business purposes.
How We Disclose Children’s Information
We do not sell children’s personal information, and a child may not make his or her personal information public through our Services. We may share children’s personal information as follows:
- Parents. We may disclose your child’s information to you.
- Health Care Providers and Clinical Trial Studies. If your child is a clinical trial participant or patient, to the clinical trial study site or your child’s health care provider for purposes of treatment, payment or operations; for other uses or disclosures permitted by law; or for purposes related to such uses or disclosures.
- Affiliates. To our affiliates or subsidiaries, for purposes consistent with this Policy.
- Service Providers. To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data gathering, data analysis, customer service, email delivery services, auditing services and other similar services.
- Business Transfers. To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- In Response to Legal Process or to Protect Us and Others. As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, your child, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Aggregate/De-identified Information. We may disclose aggregate and de-identified information to third parties for research, analytics, or similar purposes.
Access to Your Child’s Personal Information
You have the right to access your child’s personal information that has been submitted to us by contacting us directly, and you may also update your child’s profile information. You have the right to tell us to stop collecting personal information from your child. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Application for a period of time.
You may contact us directly if you would like to additionally review, correct, update, delete or otherwise limit our use of your child’s personal information that has been previously provided to us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your child’s personal information deleted from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your child’s personal information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that in order to comply with certain requests to limit use of your child’s personal information we may need to terminate your child’s account with us and you and your child’s ability to access and use the Services, and you agree that we will not be liable to you for such termination.
The AiCure Application is operated by:
19 West 24th Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10010
In certain instances, the clinical trial [sponsor/study site] or the health care provider that is using the Application for medication adherence monitoring will operate the Application. If you have questions about how these parties use the Application to collect your child’s personal information, please contact us using the contact information above or contact [the clinical trial [study site] for the trial your child is participating in] or the healthcare provider who requested your child use the Application.