DepartmentInformation Technology and Services
Are you interested in working on challenging computer vision problems and having a real impact on people's health? Read on as this opportunity might be for you..
AiCure is a VC-funded startup that leverages mobile technology by combining it with artificial intelligence (computer vision, machine learning, big data) to bring better health, better drugs, and better treatment to everyone on the planet. We’re rapidly expanding and if you’re passionate about making a positive impact, we’d like to hear from you!
You will play a leading role in creating algorithms to solve challenging problems in computer vision on mobile devices. Your work will make a significant impact on our products, and on healthcare for everyone on the planet.
When participants in clinical trials, or patients in population health use the AiCure apps, information on their medication intake is reported in various dashboard products, which allow stakeholders to gain insights and to take actions (patient alerts, etc.). For example, our apps use computer vision to identify the patient (face recognition), verify that patients are taking the right medication (pill recognition), and that they are actually taking their medication (action recognition).
Your mission will be to invent new algorithms and methods to perform the computer vision tasks above (and several more as we continue to expand our product line), ensuring that they outperform the state of the art and work effectively and efficiently in challenging real world scenarios.
- Research, design, and implement novel algorithms to solve real-world mobile computer vision problems to improve healthcare (more specifically, medication adherence).
- Implement and create prototypes demonstrating the viability of using the algorithms in practice.
- Collect relevant training data and run experiments comparing with state of the art methods, with a strong focus on performance in challenging real-world conditions (motion, low-light, etc).
- Work closely with engineers to ensure that research is appropriately transferred to impact products.
- Add to our existing extensive patent portfolio.
- Continuously stay up to date on advances in the research community (e.g., by experimenting with different deep learning models, data sets, algorithms, etc).